My Sweeties

My Sweeties
My 3 Sweeties--David, Jack & Jill

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hope Abuse Support Group

The first meeting of the Hope Abuse support group will be tomorrow night, Monday, April 11 from 6:30-7:30 in the parlor of Immanuel Baptist Church. IBC is located at the corner of Central Ave and 25th St in Temple, Tx. We will meet each Monday for about an hour. This will be a group of women who have been abused, especially in childhood, but at any time of their life. At our first meeting, I will take some time to tell my story of abuse and how I have been able to escape from the captivity that leads to. We will have time to discuss some of the things that have happened to us and to express how we feel about those things. I hope to provide a safe environment where you will feel comfortable expressing yourself. You can be assured that whatever is said during the group time will be held in confidence. I am not a counselor and have not been trained in counseling. I am just a woman who has been there and come through it to the other side and to a life of joy. I hope you will be there to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment