My Sweeties

My Sweeties
My 3 Sweeties--David, Jack & Jill

Monday, April 11, 2011

Mercy

What does mercy have to do with child abuse? God tell us in Michal 6:8 "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" "to love mercy." Well, HE should have shown me mercy when "he" beat me or took a 5 year old child to his bed or ... Yes, he should have but he didn't and that's not God's fault. God didn't tell the adult to abuse the child. Evil did that. So again...What does mercy have to do with child abuse? Mercy is what you -- the abused-- gives when you forgive your abuser. Mercy doesn't excuse what was done. Mercy doesn't undo it. Mercy is given to those who don't deserve it.

Jesus died on the cross for my sins but not because I deserved it. I only deserve to be punished for my sins. The men who sexually abused me when I was a little girl deserve to be punished for their sins but if I don't show mercy to them how can I expect God to show mercy to me?

Forgiveness is showing mercy to those who don't deserve it. It doesn't take away what was done or make it OK. It does take away the hatred that we have in our lives. If we ever want to have peace and love in our life, then we have to get rid of the hate. Don't let the hate control your life. Love mercy. Giving forgiveness is one way to show mercy. Not for them but for you. That's the only way to get rid of the hate: To show mercy. To love mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment